While our school building is closed per Governor Dewine’s mandate, both the Mandel JDS learning experience and sense of community continue to thrive virtually.
Joseph and Florence Mandel Jewish Day School Home
Welcome to Mandel JDS
Project-Based Learning is a proven educational philosophy where students are given the opportunity to question, problem-solve, think critically, be creative, and integrate all of the academic subjects they learn every day.
We welcome and have respect for all at Mandel JDS. We celebrate diversity and we strive to understand one another's differences. This makes us stronger.
Mandel JDS provides a values-based curriculum where students are encouraged to be kind to one another and make a difference in the world around them.
Facts & Numbers
- 8:1 Student Teacher Ratio
- 13 Average numbers of students in a class
- 75% of students score above national average for math, reading and language usage on standardized tests
- 99% of graduates are accepted at the private school of their choice
- 60% of students receive financial aid
- 100% of students become a mensch (a good person)
- 300 Number of students participating in Integrated Project Based Learning on a daily basis
- 2 age at which students begin Hebrew Immersion
- 15 the average years of teaching experience of our faculty
- 82% of K-8 General Studies Teachers have a Graduate Degree
- 14 Number of days 8th graders spend in Israel on an experience of a lifetime
- 90% of our faculty is trained in Gifted & Talented / Differentiated Learning Program in partnership with Cleveland State University Faculty